After his 59* against Australia, Virat Kohli got his 5th “Man of The Match” award in T20Is.
The IPL 2017 is going on in full colors, watching it online is possible for free with our links at Crictime (for Live IPL) archive.
Virat Kohli has created the average of 67.08 runs including eight fifties in 20 matches. He is the only one player who has averaged 50+ in a winning cause. He has achieved another first in T20Is – 1000 runs as a number three player. Virat has made 1008 runs at an average of 53.05 in 25 innings, including 10 fifties apart from becoming the first batsman to record in 10 innings of 50+ at this batting position.
News of other players:
- Shikhar Dhawan (42 off 32 balls) has recorded his highest score in T20Is, bettering the 33 off 28 balls vs England at Birmingham on September 7, 2014.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the first Indian captain and the seventh in all to win at least two International bilateral series in Australia. India had won the Commonwealth Bank series (ODIs) in March 2008 under his leadership.
- Jasprit Bumrah (2/37) has claimed two wickets in each of his first two matches in T20Is. On his T20I debut, his bowling figures were 2 for 23 at Adelaide on January 26, 2016.
- Ashish Nehra could not bag a single wicket for the second time in T20Is – the first occasion being vs Sri Lanka at Mohali on December 12, 2009.
- India has won the bilateral series in a style – their third triumph over Australia in T20Is – the first two series wins being by 1-0 in 2007-08 and by 1-0 in 2013-14.